Rules for everyone:
- Respect and care for each other:
- Do not disturb planned activities
- Do not enter the closed room when the “Activity in Progress” sign is up
- No videos or videogames unless explicitly allowed during an activity
- Respect and care for the centre:
- Outdoor energy and outdoor toys belong outside – no balls, hockey, running, screaming, pillow-fighting, etc
- Eat in the kitchen
- Participate in group clean up
- Please clean up right away: board games, arts & crafts, forts, toys and sets with lots of little pieces
- Consume shared supplies mindfully and contribute when you can
- Respect and care for our neighbours:
- No running or playing in the hallways during business hours (8am to 5pm)
Rules for parents:
- Parents are responsible for their children.
- Each family may choose to take responsibility for one other family’s children in addition to their own.
- Children 8 and under may not leave the centre, or be in the park, or be in the Atelier without a supervising adult.
- At least two parents must accompany children in the park if any of the children are 8 and under or are new to the community.
- Integrated children over 8 can leave the centre, be in the park, or be in the Atelier with their parent’s permission.
Expectations for parental involvement:
- Recognizing that children require positive role modelling, we expect parents to lead and/or participate in some activities. Parents of older children who need some ‘breathing room ‘ can lead/participate with the younger ones OR dedicate some of their free time to helping the centre (cleaning, planning, fundraising, etc).
- When challenging behaviours arise, we expect the parent(s) of that child to be fully present (both physically and mindfully) at all times and for as long as it takes before the community feels it’s okay for that child to be unsupervised for short periods.
- We expect parents to approach a board member with any concerns they may have.