Centre Communidée is a non-profit organization with the Quebec registration number 1166068313. We receive no external funding (except that we received a one-time grant from the Quebec government in 2019), but instead we pay the rent and basic supplies through membership fees and grassroots fundraising projects. Extra money is re-invested into the centre: furniture, supplies, renting the gym, buying pizza at a party, and so on.
Current fundraising efforts:
- A big thank you to these local businesses who generously donated a prize to our raffle! Prizes will be drawn at the 12th Annual Not-Back-To-School Picnic on September 6, 2019. Tickets cost $5 each or 3 for $10 or 8 for $20. To buy your tickets, please contact Magda.
Previous fundraising projects:
- January 2019 – The Quebec Minister of Education has given us a one-time grant of $50,000 to help the centre support our members through the implementation of the new law.
- December 2018 – Ikea generously donated the lower part of our new kitchen!
- September 2018 – We raised $2000 at the 11th Annual Not-Back-To-School Picnic! These family-friendly businesses generously donated a prize to our raffle. Thank you to all our donors!
- June 2018 – Fête des voisins garage sale and bake sale. We made about $200 for the centre!
- We raised $2000 at the 10th Annual Not-Back-To-School Picnic and Raffle on September 8, 2017! These family-friendly businesses generously donated a prize to our raffle. Thank you to all our donors!
- June 2017 – Fête des voisins garage sale and bake sale. We made $272 for the centre!
- May 2017 – Bake sale at the AQED Conference. We made $488 for the centre!
- February 2017 – We learned to knit and sold various creations to family and friends to raise money for some special field trips.
- January 2017 – Thank you to Pearson ERPI for the generous donation of high school textbooks! Merci à Pearson ERPI pour le don généreux de livres scolaires de niveau secondaire!
- We raised $2000 at the 9th Annual Not-Back-To-School Picnic and Raffle on September 9, 2016!
- These family-friendly businesses generously donated a prize to our raffle. Thank you to all our donors!
- We had another Mega Clothing Swap on Saturday April 12, 2016, and another Craft Sale on Saturday April 30!
- Our first Holiday Craft Sale in December 2015 was a huge success! We raised about $3000 for the centre!
- We had another Mega Clothing Swap in December 2015 and raised over $1000 for the centre!!
- We raised $975 at the 2015 Not-Back-To-School Raffle! There were 33 prizes with a total value of around $2000. Thanks to all our sponsors for the great prizes!
- Mega Clothing Swap – August 2015: We charged a small cover fee and sold snacks and drinks and made $526 for the centre!
- Garage sale at la Fête des voisins – June 2015: We sold seedlings, clothing, books and toys, as well as lemonade and baked goods, and we made $687!
- Christmas carolling – December 2014: We sang sweetly through our song book a few times and earned $115 for the centre!