Camp Communidée is a summer day camp in St-Henri (Montreal) for children 5 and up. The camp runs Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. The cost is $150 per child per week. To register, please use this registration form. For more information, see our Facebook page or contact Sonya at (514) 394-0855.
Pour inscrire votre enfant, s’il vous plaît utiliser ce formulaire d’inscription.
Themes for the summer of 2019:
- July 1 to 5 – Stop-Motion Animation Camp – Join us for an exciting week where we will work with Lego, figurines, clay, blackboard, etc. The campers will express their creativity by developing stories with characters, working with props, crafting scenes, playing with backdrops. Please note: All participants must have a device for taking photos (cell phone, tablet, camera, etc.).
- July 8 to 12 – Mosaics Camp – Create mosaics out of ceramic tiles and other colourful objects! The whole process of creating mosaics will be explored, from designing to grouting. There will be plenty of time for enjoying the outdoors as well, it’s summer after all!
- July 15 to 19 – Theatre Camp – Join us for a fun-filled week of improv and drama games leading up to a short production for the parents at the end of the week! Campers will get to design and play with the set, sound, light, costumes and puppets too!
- July 22 to 26 – Sports & Village Camp – Mornings: Do you have energy to spare? Come and join us in a fun week of learning all sorts of sports, techniques, and games. On the agenda: soccer, obstacle course, basketball, and even track and field. Come and perfect your abilities such as; agility, strength, precision, endurance,… all while having fun. A week of challenges, variety and excitement. Afternoons: Come and explore the miniature world of 3D modelling, and lots of other fun arts and crafts in this camp. We will build a model village, custom houses, trains, cars, boats and more!
- July 29 to August 2 – Green Living Camp – A week full of green discoveries and ecological outings await your child. We will visit a recycling facility and a green energy facility, we will get our hands dirty with composting, we will build an insect hotel, and much more!
- August 5 to 9 – Parks & Treasure Hunts Camp – Your child will discover the parks and pools of Montreal. Swimming, relaxing in the sun while playing cards, picnicking in the shade of a tree, stretching you legs in the playgrounds, those are some things awaiting your child this week. Each day a park, a pool, a neighbourhood that your child will get to know through daily scavenger hunts.
- (Aug 12 to 16 – no camp)
- Aug 19 to 23 – Fun & Ecological Crafts Camp – During the week, the children will make simple, amusing and different crafts, will learn drawing tricks, and will create objects with recycled materials. Depending on the weather, these activities will take place at the centre or outside.
- is small and flexible, with a maximum of 16 children
- is run by two volunteer parents and a paid student. (Adults in our camp are homeschooling parents attending the Communidée homeschool centre during the rest of the year)
- is bilingual in that we will translate when required – (some camps are more french, some camps or more english – it depends on who is organizing and participating!)
- has multi-aged groups with friendships based on common interests
- has weekly themes, group games, and time for free play
- has several planned field trips as well as child-led adventures!
- outdoor: a park with water spray, playgrounds, a soccer field, tennis and basketball courts, near the Lachine Canal, Atwater Market, metro St-Henri
- indoor: a full kitchen, ping pong, books, games, toys, art supplies, sports equipment, and an atelier equipped with tools and supplies for pottery, sewing, woodworking, and general building projects.