Camp Communidée is a summer day camp in St-Henri (Montreal) for children 5 and up. The camp runs Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. The cost is $150 per child per week. To register, please use this registration form. For more information, see our Facebook page or contact Sonya at (514) 394-0855.
Pour inscrire votre enfant, s’il vous plaît utiliser ce formulaire d’inscription.
Themes for the summer of 2017:
- July 3 to 7 – Pottery & Aikido Camp – Learn the basics of pottery including hand-building and on the pottery wheel. In the afternoon, head to the mats to learn some aikido basics (techniques, falling, weapon work) and a bit about Japanese culture.
- July 10 to 14 – Freeplay Camp – Spend time together in the centre and in the park outside. Play in the water park and playgrounds. Relax, play games, and read books under trees… les vacances, quoi!
- July 17 to 21 – Survival Camp – Learn and practice survival skills such as first aid, lashing, fire building, map reading, orienteering, hunting and building shelters!
- July 24 to 28 – D&D Camp – A week-long Dungeons and Dragons adventure with quests to challenge any player!
- July 31 to Aug 4 – Sleepover Camp – For Communidée members only, aged 10+.
- Aug 7 to 11 – Rock Band Camp – Play in a rock band! Learn a basic song on the guitar, bass, drums or keyboard. Perform in a show for the parents on the final day! For children aged 8+ or with a special interest in music.
- Aug 14 to 18 – Math & Sports Camp – Hands-on math challenges and puzzles that will show campers the fun side of math! And in the afternoon, sports such as tennis, basketball, swimming and soccer. For children aged 10+ or with a special interest in math.
- Aug 21 to 25 – Aikido Camp – Practice aikido basics including techniques, falling, rolling and weapon work. Learn about Japanese culture including language classes, origami and sushi-making!
- is small and flexible, with a maximum of 16 children
- is run by two volunteer parents and a paid teenager – (the adults in our camp are homeschooling parents who are helping to support Centre Communidée homeschool centre, which runs out of the same space during the rest of the year)
- unless otherwise specified, has activities animated in English, with French translation when required
- has multi-aged groups with friendships based on common interests
- has weekly themes, group games, and time for free play
- has several planned field trips as well as child-led adventures!
- outdoor: a park with water spray, playgrounds, a soccer field, tennis and basketball courts, near the Lachine Canal, Atwater Market, metro St-Henri
- indoor: a full kitchen, ping pong, books, games, toys, art supplies, sports equipment, and an atelier equipped with tools and supplies for pottery, sewing, woodworking, and general building projects.